How do I clean my tent?Crystal Clear SEO Support
There are many ways to clean our tents; some of which are more effective than others.
- Tar, oil, grease, and other petroleum product staining can easily be removed with WD-40 and a clean rag. Several applications may be required pending the type of stain. Please remember to clean the WD-40 off of the vinyl with soap and water after cleaning the stain.
- Magic eraser style cleaners can clean multiple stains or discolorations.
- For rust, hard-water, and mineral stains try a CLR type cleaner.
- Mildew or mold can be a tough discoloration to remove, but bleach products are the best for this. Please remember that bleach (or chlorine) products DO NOT whiten the vinyl, and if used frequently and at full strength can damage the strength of the vinyl. Again, after using a bleach product, please wash the area with soap and water to remove any chlorine residual, as this product can be harmful to vinyl.
- Duct tape or adhesives can many times be removed by a goo-gone type product. It is best to remove this damage before the adhesive left on the tent colors dirt and causes discoloration.
- Tough leaf stains, yellowing, or crepe-paper staining can be removed or lessened in intensity by exposing the damaged area to the sun, or also by using infrared lighting. Please use caution with infrared lighting, as damage can occur if the lighting is too close causing heat damage. It is best to use infrared lighting in short intervals at a time, maybe 15-25 minutes, and then evaluate the damaged area to see if and how much improvement is made with this process.